- Easy to learn: You can learn it for free anytime, anywhere. There are several courses on digital marketing which are being offered as workshops, online courses and one-on-one coaching programs.
- Demand for skilled digital marketing professionals: There is an ever increasing gap between the demand and supply of skilled digital marketing employees. Companies are planning to employ more marketers in 2017 (44%) as compared to 2016 (28%) thus, indicating the increase in online marketing platforms. You will become an in- demand professional.
- More money: You get paid more than your peers. A survey by Prosperity found that digital salaries have risen faster in 2014 than in the previous five year and the pace of growth since then is rising. In traditional economics we all know what happens next – the value of the product increases along with the price.
- Digital media is growing: According to Internet World Stats, over 40% of world’s population (i.e. 3.3 billion people) today has Internet connection. The penetration of digital media in the Indian economy is increasing . Everyday thousands of people join the social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Expenditure on online marketing is on the pace of growth: In 2017, 80% businesses increased their digital marketing budget. According to a report on digital advertising by Dentsu Aegis Network, the Indian digital advertising industry, currently pegged at around Rs 8,202 crore, is slated to see a growth at 32% CAGR to reach Rs 18,986 crore by 2020. The report also forecasts that digital media spends, currently contributing 15% of the total advertising pie, will reach 24% of the entire market by 2020.
Read more at:
- Online marketing industry is evolving:Digital media channels are constantly changing, there’s a need of skill up gradation for people who are already into this industry.