One of the most memorable things about this movie is all of the quotes and one-liners that I’m sure I’ll be quoting forever. So I put together a list of my favorites! I’m also adding in some of my thoughts and favorite moments from the movie. I’m going off of memory here, so if any of the quotes are incorrect, please feel free to correct me!
1. “Just because something works, doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.”
I loved getting to know Shuri, T’Challa’s little sister! She is such an interesting character. She’s a teenage princess and leader of the Wakandan Design Group. How awesome is that? I love her philosophy here, which shows how great of an inventor she really is.
2. “The real question is, WHAT ARE THOSE?!”
How funny was this entire scene?? I love their brother-sister dynamic.
3. “Delete that footage!”
Ok, seeing T’Challa fly across the room like that was so funny and one of my favorite moments for sure.
4. “Does she speak english?” “When she wants to.”
I loved her protective attitude in this scene and the way she spoke for herself.
5. “Don’t scare me like that, colonizer!”
This was another one of my favorite Shuri moments! I loved this snarky comment (and all of her other snarky moments) so much. And how badass was she, with those Vibranium Gauntlets?! She almost took Killmonger down on her own.
6.If you weren’t so stubborn you would make a great queen.” “I would make a great queen because I’m stubborn — if that’s what I wanted.”
I like the message here, of not compromising goals for anything, even to be with someone that you love
7. “You’re a good man, with a good heart — and it’s hard for a good man to be king.”
I think this is so true for T’Challa because he was only King for what, a day? And he already had to make some tough decisions.
8. “You get to decide what kind of king you are going to be.”
Building off of the last quote, I like that by the end Nakia helped him realize that he can be the kind of King he wants to be. Yes, he has to make tough decisions and some people won’t agree, but it’s still his decision and he can stand proudly by whatever he decides to do.
9. “Show him who you are.”
The epic fight between T’Challa and Killmonger though….
10. “One more word and I’ll feed you to my children! Just kidding, we’re vegetarians.”
He challenged T’Challa earlier in the movie, but then he helped to save the day in the end! From everyone’s reactions to him, he’s definitely become Black Panther’s Loki — a former bad guy with a lovable personality and sense of humor.
11. “Wakanda forever!”
General Okoye sure knows how to lead her people! She fought with so much honor.
12. “Would you kill me, my love?” “For Wakanda? Without question.”
Again, Okoye’s a badass. She is all about doing what’s best for Wakanda and protecting her people, no matter what.
13. “More connects us than separates us — but in times of crisis, the wise build bridges while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one tribe.”
This is perhaps the best quote, because it’s so relevant to what’s unfortunately going on in the United States .