1 North Campus
One of the best places to eat in Delhi, the North Campus is one area where you won’t be disappointed when it comes to street food, snacking joints, fast food, and multi-cuisine diners. Remember, this is a place that is bustling with students from all over India who have limited pocket money to spend. So yes, the food that you shall find here would not only be diverse but also cheap and delicious too!
- Famous Cuisine: Street Food, Sweets, North Indian, Fast Food, Sweets, and Region Specific & Multi-Cuisine
- Best Picks: Momo’s Point, Bille Di Hatti, Chache Di Hatti, Shagun Asian Eatery, Bamboo Hut, and South Indian Cafe
2 Hudson Lane, GTB Nagar
Very close the main North Campus area, Hudson Lane is one place where you will find one of the finest cafes and best restaurants in Delhi. Mostly serving Italian, Cafe, and Fast Food cuisine, these quirky joints offer an amazing culinary experience at an extremely pocket-friendly price. We recommend this place to all!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food, Cafe, Italian, American, Chinese, and North Indian
- Best Picks: Woodbox Cafe, Mad Monkey, Indus Flavours, QD’s, Ricos, and BYD (Big Yellow Door).
3 South Campus
If you are looking for economical yet great cafe’s to satisfy your hunger pangs, then Satya Niketan aka South Campus is the place to be. The area which is once again bustling with students from all over India has some of the most value for money and cool cafes like Scooter on the Wall, Big Yellow Door, and QD’s. Just like the Hudson Lane in North Campus, food served here is delicious!
- Famous Cuisines: Fast Food & Shakes, Italian, American, Cafe, Chinese, and North Indian Grill
- Best Picks: Chowringhee Lane, QD’s, Echoes, BYD (Big Yellow Door), Kev’s, and Vadapav Junction
4 Old Delhi
One of the most iconic and famous food places in Delhi, Old Delhi is the place where it all started. Your chaat papri, dahi bhallas, jalebi, Daulat ki Chaat and so on and so forth, yes, it all began from here. A paradise for street food, authentic Mughlai cuisine, and sweets lovers, Old Delhi still retains its glorious charm and culinary delights of the past. For someone who likes experiential binging, this is the place to be!
- Famous cuisines: Street Food & Sweets
- Best Picks: Chainaram, Meghraj & Sons, Haldiram, Tiwari Bros, Old Famous Jalebiwala, Shiv Mishthan Bhandaar, and Ghantewala Halwai, Natraj Bhalle Wala, Khemchand Adesh Kumar’s Daulat Ki Chaat, Lotan Chole Wala, Jung Bahadur Kachori Wala, and Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandaar and Bishan Swaroop for chaat.
5 Pandara Road
Located near India Gate, Pandara Road has some of the best places to eat in Delhi. It is an upmarket choice for all those who are looking for an excellent meal in a niche part of the city. One can find some of the best fine dining restaurants in Delhi here and these include Have More, Gulati, and Chicken Inn (all North Indian). Ichiban is the go-to place for lovers of Pan Asian and Pindi is the one for tandoori food lovers. For vegetarians, the best option is Veg Gulati.
- Famous Cuisines: North Indian, Chinese, Multi-Cuisine, North Indian Grill, Pan Asian, and Sweets
- Best Picks: Have More, Gulati, Chicken Inn, Veg Gulati, and Ichiban