Last week, I met a couple of friends for dinner. These are friends I met on my media trip to Taiwan last month. Shikha, whose company organized the trip invited us for dinner at her house and so I decided to take the dessert. Since these guys have been trying to eat healthy, I made this refined flour and refined sugar free tart. This gluten free chocolate pecan tart is made using oat flour and quinoa flour. Instead of sugar, I used maple syrup but you can also use honey.
The tart shell of this tart has a nice bite. Replacing refined flour in tarts is easier than doing that in cakes. My choice of flours for this gluten free chocolate pecan tart was oat flour and quinoa flour. You can both or either and also experiment with other flours, if you like. To fill the tart, I simply made my favorite dark chocolate ganache. I topped it off with some toasted pecan nuts.
You should also try making the caramel-pecan tart I made sometime back.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- dark chocolate ganache ( recipe HERE)
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix oat flour, quinoa flour and cocoa powder in a food processor.
- Add maple syrup and melted butter and process until the dough comes together. Knead a little, if required.
- Press the dough into the bottom and sides of a 9″ tart pan. Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the tart shell has cooled completely, fill it with dark chocolate ganache and top with lightly toasted pecan nuts.
- Let the tart set in the fridge for 30 minutes to one hour.