I love eating fruit crisps but for some reason I don’t end up making them too often, which is odd because they’re so simple and quick. I had shared the recipe of a quinoa crisp and mango-peach crisp on the blog earlier. Those crisps are great too but this raspberry apple crisp is by far my favorite. You can use any combination of fruits that you like. That’s the best part about crisps- they’re so versatile!
This raspberry apple crisp is
- refined flour free
- refined sugar free
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup honey/ maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a sauce pan set over medium heat, cook raspberries, apples an lemon juice until the fruit begins to break down. Transfer the filling to oven safe ramekins
- In a large bowl, whisk whole wheat flour and oat flour.
- Mix in the honey.
- Use your hands to mix in the butter. The mixture will be coarse and sandy. Sprinkle the mixture on the filling in the ramekins.
- Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes of until the crisp topping is golden-brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and fresh raspberries.